Creamy Summer Veggie Soup with Zucchini & Almond Milk
Fresh Creamy Summer Stew!
- Prep Time: 25
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 TBSP butter
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 1 14-oz can chicken broth
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled and diced (or you can use 1 14-oz can diced tomatoes, not drained)
- 1 14-oz can corn (not drained)
- 1/2 tsp rubbed sage
- 1/2 tsp all-purpose seasoning
- 1 can evaporated milk or plain almond milk
- 2 TBSP cornstarch
- 1 cup diced chicken or shrimp
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, to top bowls of stew with
- In a large stockpot, heat butter over medium heat. Add in onions, garlic, potatoes
- Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often, until onions are translucent.
- Add in chicken/Veggie broth.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes, until potatoes and carrots are soft.
- Add in zucchini, tomatoes, corn, chicken, shrimp (if desired) and seasonings (except cornstarch.) Heat for another 10-15 minutes or so, until mixture is hot and beginning to boil.
- Reduce heat and add all but 2-3 TBSP of the evaporated milk/plain almond milk
- Mix remaining evaporated milk with the cornstarch and stir until combined. Stir it into the stew. Simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Top with fresh diced cherry tomatoes & a little shredded Parmesan cheese once stew is ladled into each bowl.
- I used plain almond milk instead of condensed milk. You can add any veggie to this stew. Great soup to freeze.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 437
- Sugar: 19
- Sodium: 805
- Fat: 19
- Saturated Fat: 11
- Unsaturated Fat: 6
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 51
- Protein: 20
- Cholesterol: 58