Toasted Almonds with Olives and Parmesan Cheese Salad
I love olives and this easy appetizer will be gobbled up at any gathering! This can be kept in the fridge up to 5 days, but I bet it will not last that long! Yummy on a warm pita or by the spoonful on a grilled veggie burger!
- Prep Time: 15
- Total Time: 15
- 2 cups large pitted green olives, drained and torn into bite-sized pieces*
- 1 cup diced celery (from 2 to 3 medium ribs)
- ½ cup roasted almonds, roughly chopped
- 2 ounces Parmesan, crumbled with a fork or knife point into ½ cup rubble
- 1 large garlic clove, very thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, more to taste
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar, more to taste
- Kosher salt and red pepper flakes, to taste
- Leaves from celery ribs, roughly chopped, for garnish
- In a medium bowl, toss all of the ingredients except the celery leaves together. Taste, and adjust the seasonings to your preference. I added an extra cup of celery and an extra teaspoon of olive oil.
- Garnish with the chopped celery leaves. Refrigerate until needed, for up to 5 days.
You can use most olives, but I found the Castelvetrano olives the best for this recipe. Not as salty as most olives and they have a more meaty texture that holds up well in the fridge!
This recipe was adapted from Cookie and Kate!